Evaluation du Risque d’un Echantillon de Valeurs Mobilières de la Bourse de Casablanca
[Risk Assessment of a Sample of Securities in Casablanca Stock Exchange]
AbstractThe management of financial risks, which is a branch of financial theory, is defined as a process that begins with risk factors identification, continues with measurement of risk and concludes with the coverage of that risk. This work focuses on the second phase of management process, namely the measurement of risk. This can be defined as an uncertainty which has an impact on the wealth and can be measured by different ways. Indeed, it is possible to distinguish, for each risk category, a set of evaluation methods (for example: the semi-variance for equity risk, the convexity degrees for risk associated with bonds and Value-at-Risk (VaR) for the global risk of portfolio). The use of measurement risk in a portfolio of securities is necessary as far as it facilitates the understanding of theoretical concepts and the use of mathematical formulas.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 27731.
Date of creation: May 2008
Date of revision:
Risk; variance; semi-variance; profitability; risk shortfall; VaR; mean absolute deviation; coefficient of systematic risk;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.