Consecutive k-within-m-out-of-n:F system with exchangeable components
AbstractAs a generalization of k-out-of-n:F and consecutive k-out-of-n:F systems, the consecutive k-within-m-out-of-n:F system consists of n linearly ordered components such that the system fails iff there are m consecutive components which include among them at least k failed components. In this article, the reliability properties of consecutive k-within-m-out-of-n:F systems with exchangeable components are studied. The bounds and approximations for the survival function are provided. A Monte Carlo estimator of system signature is obtained and used to approximate survival function. The results are illustrated and numerics are provided for an exchangeable multivariate Pareto distribution.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 26838.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
exchangeable lifetimes; meantime to failure; Monte Carlo simulation; moving order statistics; multivariate Pareto distribution; Samaniego’s signature;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- E. Salehi & M. Asadi & S. Eryılmaz, 2012. "On the mean residual lifetime of consecutive k-out-of-n systems," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 93-115, March.
- Makri, Frosso S., 2011. "Minimum and maximum distances between failures in binary sequences," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 402-410, March.
- Eryilmaz, Serkan, 2011. "The behavior of warm standby components with respect to a coherent system," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(8), pages 1319-1325, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.