The impact of external environment on organizational development strategy
AbstractAbstract External environment of an organization includes a variety of factors, whose existence, influence its behavior and performance. The action of these factors may be direct (for example, the actions of competitors) or indirect (for example, changes in business climate), and external environmental analysis is done in two different contexts: meso and macro environment. Are concerned, to be analyzed, those major variables that are affecting the organization, providing, strategic diagnosis, information on strategic situation complementary to those offered by internal analysis. Tests results at this level senses opportunities and threats existing and potential success factors of field work. Analyzing thus two types of environment, (meso and macro environment) can be identified strategic directions for action or policy options.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 26303.
Date of creation: 29 Oct 2010
Date of revision:
Keywords: strategy; external environment; factors;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- P23 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Factor and Product Markets; Industry Studies; Population
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2010-11-13 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENV-2010-11-13 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2010-11-13 (Microeconomics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.