Enterprise modeling:process and REA value chain perspective
AbstractThe paper focuses on enterprise business value chain modeling as an alternative to business process modeling. Well known REA methodology proposed by McCarthy and Geerts is used as the basic modeling framework. The research presented in the paper results in a generic semantic enterprise model using REA ontology. This rather static model is then converted into UML activity, sequence and state diagrams thus achieving dynamic view of the REA model. The dynamic REA view connects the process model and the value chain perspectives. It is shown that by using REA model transition called dynamization not only process models at task level can be achieved but also a consistency check of the REA model can be accomplished. By means of step by step value chain modeling of the enterprise a consistent process model can be reached preserving all advantages of the typical business process modeling methods
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 24617.
Date of creation: 24 Aug 2010
Date of revision:
Process model; Value chain model; REA; Production planning;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M11 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Production Management
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
- O21 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Planning Models; Planning Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-03 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frantisek HUNKA & Miroslav HUCKA, 2009.
"Some Ontological Issues Of The Rea Framework In Relation To Enterprise Business Process,"
Journal of Applied Economic Sciences,
Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 4(2(8)_ Sum).
- Hunka, Frantisek & Hucka, Miroslav & Kasik, Josef & Vymetal, Dominik, 2009. "Some Ontological Issues of the REA Framework in Relation to Enterprise Business Process," MPRA Paper 14650, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Apr 2009.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.