Distribution and Growth in an Economy with Heterogeneous Capital and Excess Capacity
AbstractIn a world of heterogeneous capital the aggregate capital-capacity ratio can change in a complicated way as the real wage rate changes and, therefore, nothing useful can be said, a priori, about the relationships between the real wage rate (or the aggregate profit share), the degree of capacity utilization and the rates of profit, capital accumulation and interest.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 24042.
Date of creation: Jan 2007
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Asian-African Journal of Economics and Econometrics 1-2.7(2007): pp. 365-375
Aggregate capital-capacity ratio; capacity utilization; heterogeneous capital; post-Keynesian theory; Sraffian theory;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- E11 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Marxian; Sraffian; Institutional; Evolutionary
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lavoie, Marc & Ramirez-Gaston, Pablo, 1997.
"Traverse in a Two-Sector Kaleckian Model of Growth with Target-Return Pricing,"
The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies,
University of Manchester, vol. 65(2), pages 145-69, March.
- Lavoie, M. & Ramirez-Gaston, P., 1993. "Traverse in a Two-Sector Kaleckian Model of growth with Target Return Pricing," Working Papers 9308e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Hein, Eckhard, 1999. "Interest Rates, Income Shares, and Investment in a Kaleckian Model," MPRA Paper 18607, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- You, Jong-Il & Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1996. "Government Debt, Income Distribution and Growth," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 335-51, May.
- Mariolis, Theodore, 2006. "Distribution and Growth in a Multi-Sector Open Economy with Excess Capacity," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio di Genova, vol. 59(1), pages 51-61.
- Eckhard Hein, 2007.
"Interest Rate, Debt, Distribution And Capital Accumulation In A Post-Kaleckian Model,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(2), pages 310-339, 05.
- Eckhard Hein, 2004. "Interest rate, debt, distribution and capital accumulation in a post-Kaleckian model," Macroeconomics 0412005, EconWPA.
- Hein, Eckhard, 2004. "Interest rate, debt, distribution and capital accumulation in a post-Kaleckian model," WSI Discussion Papers 133, Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftliches Institut (WSI), Hans-Böckler-Stiftung.
- Eckhard Hein & Carsten Ochsen, 2003. "Regimes of Interest Rates, Income Shares, Savings and Investment: A Kaleckian Model and Empirical Estimations for some Advanced OECD Economies," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 404-433, November.
- Eckhard Hein, 2006. "On the (in-)stability and the endogeneity of the "normal" rate of capacity utilisation in a post-Keynesian/Kaleckian "monetary" distribution and growth model," IMK Working Paper 02-2006, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- repec:int:journl:v:3:y:2006:i:1:p:87-112 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lavoie, M., 1993. "Interest Rates in Post-Keynesian Models of Growth and Distribution," Working Papers 9314e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1984. "Stagnation, Income Distribution and Monopoly Power," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 25-40, March.
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1997. "Profit-Rate Equalization in the Kalecki-Steindl Model and the "Over-Determination" Problem," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 65(4), pages 443-51, September.
- Marc Lavoie & Gabriel Rodriguez & Mario Seccareccia, 2004. "Similitudes and Discrepancies in Post-Keynesian and Marxist Theories of Investment: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 127-149.
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1987. "Alternative Closures Again: A Comment on 'Growth, Distribution and Inflation.'," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 75-82, March.
- Mariolis, Theodore, 2010. "Κριτική Έκθεση του "Νόμου της Πτωτικής Τάσης του Ποσοστού Κέρδους" του K. Marx: Κατανομή Εισοδήματος, Επισώ�," MPRA Paper 22461, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.