Políticas públicas e expansão recente do agronegócio na fronteira agrícola do Brasil
[Public policies and agribusiness expansion in Brazilian agricultural frontier]
AbstractThe article discuss the impact derived of the public policies adopted by brazilian government about the expansion of agribusiness activities that causes deforestation and social impacts in the Amazonian and Cerrados regions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 2219.
Date of creation: Jan 2006
Date of revision:
agricultural frontier in Brazil; soybean production; public policies and deforestation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2007-03-24 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2007-03-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2007-03-24 (Public Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.