Instruments for Promotion and Assurance of Public Integrity
Abstract“The instruments” for supporting the strategies and programmes of public integrity represent a part of a general public integrity framework, comprising also the issue of ethics and public integrity, the legal framework, training and obviously the best practices used successfully by the public organisations. The current paper comprises the instruments concerning the integrity of civil service or institutional organisations, as well as their audit. The paper represents the fourth section of the book: “Public integrity: Theories and Practical Instruments,” published recently by NISPAcee. The first chapter of the paper refers on a large extent to the civil servants’ career, meritocracy, motivation of the civil servants as well as to Whistleblower. The second chapter is dedicated to the instruments concerning the institutional organisations, risk areas for corruption, indicators and transparency, blacklisting. In the third chapter, the audit instruments are aimed at the governmental mechanisms, comprising the method of audit of taxes, public contracts, electronic data etc. The theoretical approaches are accompanied by relevant examples from different states
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 18677.
Date of creation: 15 Feb 2009
Date of revision: 28 Sep 2009
public integrity; legal framework; audit; civil service;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-21 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ani Matei & Lucica Matei, 2009. "Public Integrity and Performance of Governance. A Comparative Study for South-Eastern Europe," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 7(07(536)), pages 3-28, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.