Software for the Computation of Markov-Perfect Equilibria in a Dynamic Game of Store Location by Multi-Store Firms
AbstractThis document is a supplement of the paper "Dynamic Spatial Competition Between Multi-Store Firms" by Aguirregabiria and Vicentini (2007). It describes in detail the library of programs and procedures, in GAUSS language, that is used in that paper. The program computes an equilibrium of a dynamic game of store location and spatial competition by multi-store firms. The equilibrium of the game is a space-time stochastic process for the network of stores of each firm as well as for prices, markups, profits and consumer welfare at every location in the geographic market. We illustrate the use of the program with an example.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 17035.
Date of creation: May 2007
Date of revision:
Dynamic Spatial competition; Store location; Market dynamics; Sunk costs;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R30 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - General
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Gustavo Vicentini, 2006.
"Dynamic Spatial Competition Between Multi-Store Firms,"
tecipa-253, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Gustavo Vicentini, 2012. "Dynamic Spatial Competition Between Multi-Store Firms," Working Papers tecipa-457, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.