An attempt to quantify the economic system motion under the investment process incidence
AbstractIn this paper we proposed a model deriving from physics laws, which are associated to the investments impact upon the economic system potential. Defining several physics fundamental dimensions and starting from a series of assumptions, we tried to find their possible economic meaning and interpretation. The economic growth reflected in the system potential rise under the incidence of investments, could occur on three paths (extensive, structural and intensive), depending on main factors changes: the mass of fixed capital, the resources efficiency ratio and the velocity of GDP creation. Based on the proposed model, the optimum volume and structure of investments, according both to disposable resources and targeted economic development stage, could be assessed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 14234.
Date of creation: Jun 1983
Date of revision:
system potential; physics laws; mechanics fundamental dimensions; economic growth; investments; fixed capital; technical progress; efficiency ratio; business cycle;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- E19 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Other
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.