Modellierung von Angebots- und Nachfrageverhalten zur Analyse von Agrarpolitiken: Theorie, Methoden und empirische Anwendungen
AbstractIn many countries the state heavily intervenes in the agricultural sector. For instance, domestic prices of agricultural products are regulated by import quotas, export subsidies and intervention prices. Furthermore, coupled or decoupled payments as well as several other subsidies (e.g. for credits) are granted and special agricultural taxes are raised. The analysis of the impacts of these interventions is complex and requires a detailed study of the supply and demand in the agricultural sector. One main focus of the research in agricultural economics is the analysis of the behavior of consumers and agricultural producers. Based on these results the impacts of agricultural policies can be determined. This dissertation consists of nine papers that all deal with the analysis of supply and demand in the agricultural sector. They cover microeconomic theory as well as econometric methods and programming models. Furthermore, they contain empirical applications of the theory and of the quantitative methods.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 1374.
Date of creation: Aug 2006
Date of revision:
microeconomics; agricultural economics; applied econometrics; quantitative policy analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C30 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - General
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-14 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.