Households’ activities in informal economy: size and behavioural aspects
AbstractUsing a Romanian household survey, we analyse the structure of households’ income by sources: main job, secondary job, and informal activities. We began the study by focusing on data and methodological problems, certain clarifications being necessary. Then we estimated the size of informal economy and basic behavioural regimes, along with the growth of households’ disposable income. The study permitted us to conclude on the main reasons of people to operate in the informal sector. Finally, based on the available data on the households’ deciles relative to their monthly income, we extended some conclusions to the year 2000 and estimated the shares of informal income within the ten groups of population. Also, by applying such methodology we computed some comparative indicators between the years 1996 and 2000.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 13072.
Date of creation: Dec 2002
Date of revision:
Secondary Job; Officially Declared Income; Decent Income; Hidden Income;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P36 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Consumer Economics; Health; Education and Training; Welfare, Income, Wealth, and Poverty
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Albu, Lucian Liviu, 2007. "Underground Economy And Fiscal Policies Modeling," Working Papers of Institute for Economic Forecasting 071202, Institute for Economic Forecasting.
- Lucian Liviu ALBU & Ion GHIZDEANU & Mărioara IORDAN, 2008. "Informal Economic Estimation Models at Macroeconomic Level. Some Theoretical and Methodologial Considerations," Timisoara Journal of Economics, West University of Timisoara, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(2), pages 177-190.
- Albu, Lucian-Liviu, 2007. "A model to estimate informal economy at regional level: Theoretical and empirical investigation," MPRA Paper 3760, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.