Child Rights Convention and its Implementation
AbstractChild labour is one of the severe problems faced by developed and developing economies. The Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) adopted on 20 November 1989 and entered into force on 2 September 1990. Nevertheless the challenges faced by the children remained the same. In some of the African and Asian countries children are exposed to vulnerable conditions due to various economic, social, cultural and political problems. This paper provides a general overview of the impact of poverty on child labour and child soldier. An attempt is made in this article to highlight and critically examine the problems of children in many developing countries. An attempt is also made to highlight what may be termed as tentative children issues and lessons emerging from Africa and India.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 12421.
Date of creation: Mar 2006
Date of revision: Jun 2007
Publication status: Published in Indian Ocean Digest 1-2.22(2007): pp. 1-11
Poverty; Child labour; child soldier; Child rights’ convention; Africa; India;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- K4 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2006.
"The Child Labour in Developing Countries â€“ A Challenge to Millennium Development Goals,"
13073, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008.
- Ravinder Rena, 2009. "The Child Labor in Developing Countries: A Challenge to Millennium Development Goals," Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS), Department of Business Administration, vol. 3(1), pages 1-8, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.