La Sociedad Civil, el bienestar social y las transformaciones del Estado en Costa Rica
[Civil society, social welfare and tranformation in Costa Rica]
AbstractThis paper select the theoretical point of view of the “Regulation” to analyze the currents chan-ges in the Costa Rica’s State. This point of view is used to explain the orientation of the social policies after the economic shock of the 80’s and the reorientation of the costarrican’s Welfare State or “estado desarrollista” into a neo-liberal state incapable to attend the development re-quirements in the historical and social conditions of Latin America. Ends with a abstracts pro-posal for establish a new social contract.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 1191.
Date of creation: 13 Jul 2004
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Reflexiones 1.83(2004): pp. 21-30
Social policies; Theroy of Regulation; Costa Rica; State;
Other versions of this item:
- Reuben Soto, Sergio, 2004.
"La sociedad civil, el bienestar social y las transformaciones del Estado en Costa Rica
[Civil society, welfare and transformations in the Costa Rican State]," MPRA Paper 8567, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
- J80 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - General
- H50 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - General
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sergio, Reuben, 2009.
"La crisis económica actual, una visión desde la economía política
[The actual economic crisis, a vision from the Political Economy]," MPRA Paper 15513, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sergio, Reuben, 2009.
"La crisis económica actual: una visión desde la economía política
[The actual economic crisis: a vision from the political economy]," MPRA Paper 15048, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.