Economic Policies and Philippine Agriculture
AbstractEvaluation of the impact of general policies, such as trade and foreign exchange, financial, fiscal and employment policies and specific measures relating to subsectors in agriculture, such as price policies, credit programs and efficiency, indicates that almost all agricultural activities investigated appear to enjoy a comparative advantage. Evidence suggests a strong economic potential in agriculture. While price interventions are unquestionably geared to promote various development goals, such policies have been adverse to agriculture sector. Several problems in the agriculture’s subsectors are also identified.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Philippine Institute for Development Studies in its series Working Papers with number WP 1983-02.
Date of creation: 1983
Date of revision:
agriculture sector; economic reform;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David, Cristina C. & Intal, Ponciano & Balisacan, Arsenio M., 2007. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in the Philippines," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 48477, World Bank.
- Pray, Carl E., 1986. "Agricultural Research and Technology Transfer by the Private Sector in the Philippines," Reports 7524, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Fumihide Takeuchi & Takehiko Hagino, 1998. "Intersectoral resource allocation and its impact on economic development in the Philippines," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1883, The World Bank.
- Balisacan, Arsenio M., 1991. "Linkages, Poverty and Income Distribution," Working Papers WP 1991-15, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Roumasset, James, 1992. "INVESTING in Agriculturally-Led Growth: The Philippine Case," MPRA Paper 14847, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.