Retornos económicos de la educación en el Perú
AbstractThe objective of this paper is to estimate interna1 rates of return of education in Peru. The methodology is based on conventional cost-benefit analysis, where income flows are calculated using “mincerian” equations. To deal with sample selection bias, estimated income equations where adjusted using the Heckman method. Our results show that investment in education in Peru has a high social and private profitability. By educational levels, primary education has -as it is a usually found in the literature- the highest rates of return, and men’s education shows a higher profitability than women’s.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú in its series Documentos de Trabajo with number 1993-112.
Length: 48 pages
Date of creation: 1993
Date of revision:
Publication status: published
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. Universitaria 1801, San Miguel, Lima, Perú
Phone: (511) 626-2000 ext. 4950, 4951
Fax: (511) 626-2874
Web page: http://www.pucp.edu.pe/departamento/economia/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pasquier-Doumer, Laure, 2005. "La transmission des inégalités au Pérou : un modèle de choix simultané d'éducation supérieure et d'offre de travail," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/11242, Paris Dauphine University.
- Calónico, Sebastián & Nopo, Hugo, 2007.
"Returns to Private Education in Peru,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2711, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sebastián Calónico & Hugo R. Ñopo, 2007. "Returns to Private Education in Peru," IDB Publications 6724, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Sebastian Calonico & Hugo Ñopo, 2007. "Returns to Private Education in Peru," Research Department Publications 4516, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Gustavo Yamada, 2006. "Retornos a la educación superior en el mercado laboral: ¿Vale la pena el esfuerzo?," Working Papers 06-13, Departamento de Economía, Universidad del Pacífico, revised Dec 2006.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.