Three Lectures on Monetary Theory and Policy: Speaking Notes and Background Papers
AbstractIn order to promote the exchange of ideas and to support its own research capacity, the Oesterreichische Nationalbank regularly invites internationally renowned economists for short guest professorships. This year, from June 12 -14 2006, David Laidler gave three public lectures on topics related to monetary theory and monetary policy. The first lecture was on “Monetary Policy and the Austrians”, the second on “The Rise and Fall of Monetarism” and the third has dealt with the question “Is there a Role for Money in Monetary Policy in the 21st Century?”. The lectures were based on three background papers, which are contained in this OeNB Working Paper that also includes the lecture notes that were prepared for the lecture series.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank) in its series Working Papers with number 128.
Date of creation: 19 Jun 2006
Date of revision:
Postal: Oesterreichische Nationalbank, Economic Studies Division, c/o Beate Hofbauer-Berlakovich, POB 61, A-1011 Vienna, Austria
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-07-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2006-07-15 (Central Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2006-07-15 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2006-07-15 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2006-07-15 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2006-07-15 (Monetary Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Committee, Nobel Prize, 2006. "Edmund Phelps's Contributions to Macroeconomics," Nobel Prize in Economics documents, Nobel Prize Committee 2006-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Stracca, Livio, 2007. "Should we take inside money seriously?," Working Paper Series, European Central Bank 0841, European Central Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Knell and Helmut Stix).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.