Disclosure of Beneficial Ownership and Control in Indonesia: Legislative and Regulatory Policy Options for Sustainable Capital Markets
AbstractA good corporate governance framework should combine transparency, accountability and integrity and this requires knowledge of beneficial ownership. The protection of minority investors and other stakeholder protection will be challenging without access to reliable information about the ownership, including the identity of the controlling owners, and control structures of listed companies. This report assesses the costs, benefits and practicalities of different approaches, suggesting policy options to better identify ultimate beneficial ownership in Indonesia. This report was requested by the Capital Market and Financial Institution Supervisory Agency in Indonesia, Bapepam-LK, in the context of the OECD-Indonesia corporate governance policy dialogue launched in 2011. The objective is to support policy makers and regulators in their efforts to enhance disclosure and enforcement of beneficial ownership and control as part of overall efforts to improve corporate governance standards and practices in Indonesia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by OECD Publishing in its series OECD Corporate Governance Working Papers with number 9.
Date of creation: 11 Jul 2013
Date of revision:
shareholders; corporate governance; beneficial ownership; control-enhancing mechanisms; disclosure; inside blockholders; money laundering; private enforcement; outside blockholders; public enforcement;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAW-2013-10-05 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2013-10-05 (South East Asia)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.