Inflation targeting in an open economy: strict or flexible inflation targeting?
AbstractThe author discusses "inflation targeting in an open economy and, in particular, about the choice between "strict" and "flexible" inflation targeting."
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Reserve Bank of New Zealand in its series Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series with number G97/8.
Date of creation: Nov 1997
Date of revision:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- POPESCU Iulian Vasile, 2013. "Monetary Policy Rules For European Monetary Union Acceding Countries," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 8(2), pages 108-122, August.
- Esteban Pérez Caldentey & Matías Vernengo, 2013. "Is Inflation Targeting Operative in an Open Economy Setting?," Working Papers wp324, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Dai, Meixing & Sidiropoulos, Moïse, 2003. "Inflation Targeting, Capital Mobility and Macroeconomic Stability," MPRA Paper 13858, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2005.
- Adrian Orr & Alasdair Scott & Bruce White, 1998. "The exchange rate and inflation targeting," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 61, September.
- Nicoletta Batini & Douglas Laxton, 2007.
"Under What Conditions Can Inflation Targeting Be Adopted? The Experience of Emerging Markets,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,
in: Frederic S. Miskin & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Se (ed.), Monetary Policy under Inflation Targeting, edition 1, volume 11, chapter 12, pages 467-506
Central Bank of Chile.
- Nicoletta Batini & Douglas Laxton, 2006. "Under What Conditions Can Inflation Targeting Be Adopted? The Experience of Emerging Markets," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 406, Central Bank of Chile.
- Dai, Meixing & Sidiropoulos, Moïse, 2005. "Flexibility in inflation targeting, financial markets and macroeconomic stability," MPRA Paper 13864, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philip Liu, 2004. "Improving implementation of inflation targeting in New Zealand: an investigation of the Reserve Bank's inflation errors," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP 2004/06, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Reserve Bank of New Zealand Knowledge Centre).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.