Pension Systems in Open Economy
AbstractThe paper focuses on the effects of the integration in a perfect world capital market of two large economies running respectively a pay-as-you-go and a fully funded pension system. Under the assumption that the pay-as-you-go is in steady state and self financing, the integration causes changes in factor prices and divergent welfare effects both across countries and across generations.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford in its series Economics Papers with number 1999-w10.
Length: 51 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.nuff.ox.ac.uk/economics/
PENSION FUNDS ; SOCIAL SECURITY ; GENERATIONS;
Other versions of this item:
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice - - - Intertemporal Household Choice; Life Cycle Models and Saving
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Groezen, B.J.A.M. van & Leers, T., 2000. "The Effects of Asymmetric Demographic Shocks with Perfect Capital Mobility," Discussion Paper 2000-88, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maxine Collett).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.