Incorporating lag order selection uncertainty in parameter inference for AR models
AbstractParameter inference on autoregressive models is usually carried out conditionally on a previously selected lag order. In the majority of cases the lag order selection is carried out using information criteria and in particular the Akaike (1973), Schwarz (1978) or Hannan and Quin (1979) criteria. It is well known that the latter two criteria are consistent in lag order selection in the sense of of picking the true order of the system with probability one asymptotically. On the other hand, Akaike's criterion is known to overestimate the lag order in this sense. In this note we discuss the asymptotic distribution, of the parameter estimates without conditioning on the lag order selected.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Institute of Economic and Social Research in its series NIESR Discussion Papers with number 175.
Date of creation: May 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 2 Dean Trench Street Smith Square London SW1P 3HE
Web page: http://niesr.ac.uk
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rashmi Banga, 2007. "Liberalisation and Wage Inequality In India," Working Papers id:805, eSocialSciences.
- Petr Kral, 2004. "Identification and Measurement of Relationships Concerning Inflow of FDI: The Case of the Czech Republic," Working Papers 2004/05, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Rashmi Banga, 2007. "Impact of Liberalisation on Wages and Employment in Indian Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers id:989, eSocialSciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Communications Manager).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.