Tests of Rank in Reduced Rank Regression Models
AbstractRecently, there has been renewed research interest in the development of tests of the rank of a matrix based on a root-T consistent estimator. This paper evaluates the performance of some asymptotic tests of rank determination in reduced rank regression models through simulation experiments together with their bootstrapped versions. The bootstrapped procedures significantly improve upon the performance of the cor- responding asymptotic tests. The tests of rank considered are applied to construct reduced rank VAR models of leading indicators of UK economic activity and these more parsimonious multivariate representations improve the forecasting performance of VAR models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Institute of Economic and Social Research in its series NIESR Discussion Papers with number 150.
Date of creation: Jun 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 2 Dean Trench Street Smith Square London SW1P 3HE
Web page: http://niesr.ac.uk
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrea Carriero & George Kapetanios & Massimiliano Marcellino, 2007. "Forecasting Large Datasets with Reduced Rank Multivariate Models," Working Papers 617, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Massimiliano Marcellino & George Kapetanios, 2006.
"Impulse Response Functions from Structural Dynamic Factor Models:A Monte Carlo Evaluation,"
306, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Kapetanios, George & Marcellino, Massimiliano, 2006. "Impulse Response Functions from Structural Dynamic Factor Models: A Monte Carlo Evaluation," CEPR Discussion Papers 5621, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fujiwara, Ippei & Koga, Maiko, 2004. "A Statistical Forecasting Method for Inflation Forecasting: Hitting Every Vector Autoregression and Forecasting under Model Uncertainty," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 22(1), pages 123-142, March.
- Donald, Stephen G. & Fortuna, Nat rcia & Pipiras, Vladas, 2007.
"On Rank Estimation In Symmetric Matrices: The Case Of Indefinite Matrix Estimators,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(06), pages 1217-1232, December.
- Stephen G. Donald & Natércia Fortuna & Vladas Pipiras, 2005. "On rank estimation in symmetric matrices: the case of indefinite matrix estimators," FEP Working Papers 167, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Gianluca Cubadda, 2007.
"A Reduced Rank Regression Approach to Coincident and Leading Indexes Building,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 69(2), pages 271-292, 04.
- Cubadda, Gianluca, 2004. "A Reduced Rank Regression Approach to Coincident and Leading Indexes Building," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp04022, University of Molise, Dept. SEGeS.
- Andrea Carriero & George Kapetanios & Massimiliano Marcellino, 2009.
"Forecasting Large Datasets with Bayesian Reduced Rank Multivariate Models,"
Economics Working Papers
ECO2009/31, European University Institute.
- Andrea Carriero & George Kapetanios & Massimiliano Marcellino, 2011. "Forecasting large datasets with Bayesian reduced rank multivariate models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(5), pages 735-761, 08.
- Carriero, Andrea & Kapetanios, George & Marcellino, Massimiliano, 2009. "Forecasting Large Datasets with Bayesian Reduced Rank Multivariate Models," CEPR Discussion Papers 7446, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Communications Manager).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.