Que mudanças na Política de Coesão para o horizonte 2020?
AbstractThe European debate on the 2014/2020 cohesion policy has evolved around strategy for the last two years (July 2007 through December 2009). Very likely, bargaining over budgetary resources for policies and Member States will dominate the discussion in the next two years. It is therefore important to know what for is money needed in this policy. Written at the end of the strategic debate, the paper presents a number of ideas to motivate the decision-making process. In a manner consistent with the Barca report, we put forward several proposals to improve the contents of cohesion policy in the following domains: time profile of regional transitions across objectives, co-ordination of significant territorial impact policies, strategic dialogue between national and community institutions, output-driven programming instruments and monitoring systems, territorial eligibility rules, efficiency incentives in structural funds management, administrative simplification, and cross-border, transnational and interregional European territorial co-operation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by NIPE - Universidade do Minho in its series NIPE Working Papers with number 6/2010.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Núcleo de Investigação em Políticas Económicas, Escola de Economia e Gestão, Universidade do Minho, P-4710-057 Braga, Portugal
Phone: +351-253604510 ext 5532
Web page: http://www3.eeg.uminho.pt/economia/nipe/versao_inglesa/index_uk.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O21 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Planning Models; Planning Policy
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R38 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Government Policy
- R51 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Finance in Urban and Rural Economies
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-13 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rui Nuno Baleiras, 2011. "Collective efficiency strategies: a policy instrument solution to boost competitiveness in low-density territories," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1423, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria João Thompson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.