The Continuous Wavelet Transform: A Primer
AbstractEconomists are already familiar with the Discrete Wavelet Transform. However, a body of work using the Continuous Wavelet Transform has also been growing. We provide a self-contained summary on continuous wavelet tools, such as the Continuous Wavelet Transform, the Cross-Wavelet, the Wavelet Coherency and the Phase-Difference. Furthermore, we generalize the concept of simple coherency to Partial Wavelet Coherency and Multiple Wavelet Coherency, akin to partial and multiple correlations, allowing the researcher to move beyond bivariate analysis. Finally, we describe the Generalized Morse Wavelets, a class of analytic wavelets recently proposed. A user-friendly toolbox, with examples, is attached to this paper.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by NIPE - Universidade do Minho in its series NIPE Working Papers with number 16/2011.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Núcleo de Investigação em Políticas Económicas, Escola de Economia e Gestão, Universidade do Minho, P-4710-057 Braga, Portugal
Phone: +351-253604510 ext 5532
Web page: http://www3.eeg.uminho.pt/economia/nipe/versao_inglesa/index_uk.htm
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2011-05-24 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2011-05-24 (Econometric Time Series)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria & Manuel M. F. Martins & Maria Joana Soares, 2010.
"The yield curve and the macro-economy across time and frequencies,"
CEF.UP Working Papers
1004, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Aguiar-Conraria, Luís & Martins, Manuel M.F. & Soares, Maria Joana, 2012. "The yield curve and the macro-economy across time and frequencies," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 1950-1970.
- Luís Francisco Aguiar & Manuel M. F. Martins & Maria Joana Soares, 2010. "The yield curve and the macro-economy across time and frequencies," NIPE Working Papers 21/2010, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Kabir, Sarkar Humayun & Masih, Mansur, 2014. "Dynamic Integration of Domestic Equity Price, Foreign Equity Price and Macroeconomic Indicators: Evidence from Malaysia," MPRA Paper 57007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rua, António & Nunes, Luis C., 2012.
"A wavelet-based assessment of market risk: The emerging markets case,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 84-92.
- António Rua & Luís Catela Nunes, 2012. "A wavelet-based assessment of market risk: The emerging markets case," Working Papers w201203, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Caraiani, Petre, 2012. "Stylized facts of business cycles in a transition economy in time and frequency," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2163-2173.
- Angi Roesch & Harald Schmidbauer & Erhan Uluceviz, 2014. "Frequency Aspects Of Information Transmission In Networks Of Equity Markets," EcoMod2014 7200, EcoMod.
- Trezzi, Riccardo, 2013. "A wavelet analysis of international risk-sharing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 330-333.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria João Thompson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.