Testing Non-Nested Euler Conditions with Quadrature-Based Methods of Approximation
AbstractIn This Paper We Present a Test for Discriminating Between Two Non-Nested Sets of Euler Conditions Which Have Been Estimated Using Gmm. the Test Is Based on the Encompassing Principle of Mizon and Richard (1986), and Uses Tauchen's (1986) Quadrature-Based Methods for Approximating the Expectation of Nonlinear Functions of Stationary Random Variables. the Test Is Compared to the Procedure Suggested by Singleton (1986).
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques in its series Cahiers de recherche with number 8703.
Length: 30P. pages
Date of creation: 1987
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: CP 6128, Succ. Centre-Ville, Montréal, Québec, H3C 3J7
Phone: (514) 343-6540
Fax: (514) 343-5831
Web page: http://www.sceco.umontreal.ca
More information through EDIRC
Linear Models ; Exctations;
Other versions of this item:
- Ghysels, Eric & Hall, Alastair, 1990. "Testing nonnested Euler conditions with quadrature-based methods of approximation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 273-308, December.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Otsu, Taisuke & Seo, Myung Hwan & Whang, Yoon-Jae, 2012.
"Testing for non-nested conditional moment restrictions using unconditional empirical likelihood,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 167(2), pages 370-382.
- Taisuke Otsu & Myung Hwan Seo & Yoon-Jae Whang, 2008. "Testing for Non-Nested Conditional Moment Restrictions Using Unconditional Empirical Likelihood," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1660, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Ramalho, Joaquim J. S. & Smith, Richard J., 2002. "Generalized empirical likelihood non-nested tests," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 99-125, March.
- Marmer, Vadim & Otsu, Taisuke, 2008.
"Optimal Comparison of Misspecified Moment Restriction Models under a Chosen Measure of Fit,"
Microeconomics.ca working papers
vadim_marmer-2008-13, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 25 Jul 2011.
- Marmer, Vadim & Otsu, Taisuke, 2012. "Optimal comparison of misspecified moment restriction models under a chosen measure of fit," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 170(2), pages 538-550.
- Vadim Marmer & Taisuke Otsu, 2009. "Optimal Comparison of Misspecified Moment Restriction Models under a Chosen Measure of Fit," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1724, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 2011.
- Otsu, Taisuke & Whang, Yoon-Jae, 2011.
"Testing For Nonnested Conditional Moment Restrictions Via Conditional Empirical Likelihood,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(01), pages 114-153, February.
- Taisuke Otsu & Yoon-Jae Whang, 2005. "Testing for Non-nested Conditional Moment Retrictions via Conditional Empirical Likelihood," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1533, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharon BREWER).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.