The furniture industry in Kuwait
AbstractKuwait, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates are definitely net furniture importers. Their economies can rely on huge oil and gas reserves and feature fast growing construction sectors, with great prospects of profits for furniture exporters, both in the low and high end markets. This report offers a comprehensive picture of the furniture sector in Kuwait, providing trends in furniture production and consumption, furniture imports and exports, prices. Factors determining the demand for furniture are examined, as well as furniture supply structure. Updated profiles of the main furniture manufacturers are provided. Contact details, activity and product offer is provided. Additional information is included when available (size, traded brands, distribution channels). Kuwaiti furniture imports and exports, imports data for the main semi-finished wood products (sawnwood, wood-based panels) are also provided.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Industrial Studies (CSIL) in its series CSIL reports with number W07KW.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: Nov 2008
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L68 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Appliances; Furniture; Other Consumer Durables
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-06-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2009-06-10 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2009-06-10 (Central & Western Asia)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marinella Manghina).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.