Wavelets unit root test vs DF test : A further investigation based on monte carlo experiments
AbstractTest for unit root based in wavelets theory is recently defined (Gençay and Fan, 2007). While the new test is supposed to be robust to the initial value, we bring out by contrast the significant effects of the initial value in the size and the power. We found also that both the wavelets unit root test and ADF test give the same efficiency if the data are corrected of the initial value. Our approach is based in monte carlo experiment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne in its series Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne with number v08032.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 106-112 boulevard de l'Hôpital 75 647 PARIS CEDEX 13
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://centredeconomiesorbonne.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Unit root tests; wavelets; monte carlo experiments; size-power curve.;
Other versions of this item:
- Ibrahim Ahamada & Philippe Jolivaldt, 2008. "Wavelets unit root test vs DF test : A further investigation based on monte carlo experiments," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00275767, HAL.
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2008-05-17 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2008-05-17 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-ORE-2008-05-17 (Operations Research)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.