Seniors en emploi et conciliation travail-famille
AbstractThe employment of the seniors is one of the stakes of the next years in our developed companies. Indeed those will be more numerous, at the same time for demographic reasons and because of the retreat of the retirement age (in particular for the women). Thus, the companies will be more often confronted with the question of the conditions of employment of the seniors who must assume the load, partial or more important, of their own old parents. This family load will be added in many cases to that which they already assume near their grandchildren. The active people of more than 55 years thus have an important load of domestic work completed for others, in particular for the widened family, while at the same time their own health starts to degrade itself. One proposes here to analyze the incidences as of these phenomena on the conditions of employment of the active seniors, and this in two directions. First of all impact on the practices of the companies in terms of management and adjustment of times. Then, as regards employee, as regards practices of management of personal times: working time, domestic time, "large-parental time" and "time of intergenerational solidarity".
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne in its series Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne with number 13022.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2013
Date of revision:
Work/family; seniors; working time; domestic time; parental time.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2013-03-23 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2013-03-23 (Demographic Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statistics
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.