Risk assessment for a Structured Product Specific to the CO2 Emission Permits Market
AbstractThe aim of this work is to use a new modelling technique for CO2 emission prices, in order to estimate the risk associated with a related, structured product. After a short discussion of the specificities of this market, we investigate several modelling methods for CO2 emission prices. We use these results for risk modeling of the swap between two CO2 related instruments : the European Union Allowances and the Certified Emission Reductions. We estimate the counterparty risk for this kind of transaction and evaluate the impact of different models on the risk measure and the allocated capital.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne in its series Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne with number 10054.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 106-112 boulevard de l'Hôpital 75 647 PARIS CEDEX 13
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://centredeconomiesorbonne.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Carbon; generalized hyperbolic distribution; value-at-risk; CER; EUA; Swap.;
Other versions of this item:
- Marius-Cristian Frunza & Dominique Guegan, 2010. "Risk Assessment for a Structured Product Specific to the CO2 Emission Permits Market," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00504209, HAL.
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2010-07-31 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2010-07-31 (Environmental Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Abdou Kâ Diongue & Dominique Guegan & Rodney C. Wolff, 2010. "BL-GARCH model with elliptical distributed innovations," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00368340, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.