Politiche per l’innovazione: dalla valutazione alla progettazione
AbstractWe discuss how the outcomes of policy evaluation processes can provide valuable feedback in order to design more effective policy interventions. We address our analysis to policies directed at promoting innovation by fostering generative relationships among heterogeneous organizations. The empirical background of our paper is a specific policy programme: the Regional Programme of Innovative Actions (PRAI-ITT) implemented in the Italian region of Tuscany in the period 2002-2004. Starting from our policy evaluation and monitoring exercise (Russo and Rossi, 2008), we generate practical guidelines for the design of a new intervention that builds upon the previous programme's strength and overcomes its weaknesses. These guidelines concern how to write a tender that is consistent with the policy's objectives, how to design appropriate tools for the ongoing monitoring of the programme and for its ex post evaluation; how to use network analysis tools in order to represent the interactions among the programme's participants; how to use ethnographic research in the construction of the relevant data and in the interpretation of the results. We discuss what kind of data are relevant for monitoring and evaluation purposes, and what indicators can be used for the evaluation of the individual networks and of the entire programme.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi" in its series Department of Economics with number 0565.
Length: pages 40
Date of creation: Sep 2007
Date of revision:
Innovation policy; local development policies; regional development policies; evaluation management;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Morselli).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.