Solving the Dynamics of a Non-Linear Representative Agent Model
AbstractThis paper describes two alternative approaches (modified reverse shooting and forward shooting) for solving the time-path of a representative agent model following an exogenous shock. In particular, reverse shooting is demonstrably better for solving part of the model but must be modified before it can be used to solve the full model. On the other hand, an unmodified form of forward shooting can be used to solve both part and full models.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The University of Melbourne in its series Department of Economics - Working Papers Series with number 705.
Length: 6 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, The University of Melbourne, 4th Floor, FBE Building, Level 4, 111 Barry Street. Victoria, 3010, Australia
Phone: +61 3 8344 5355
Fax: +61 3 8344 6899
Web page: http://www.economics.unimelb.edu.au
More information through EDIRC
ECONOMIC MODELS ; DYNAMIC ANALYSIS ; ECONOMICS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- E00 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - General
- D00 - Microeconomics - - General - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aminata Doumbia).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.