Fan welfare maximization as a club objective in a professional sports league
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Economics, The University of Manchester in its series The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series with number 1002.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manchester M13 9PL
Phone: (0)161 275 4868
Fax: (0)161 275 4812
Web page: http://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/disciplines/economics/
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-MIC-2010-02-05 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-SPO-2010-02-05 (Sports & Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sonia Falconieri & Frédéric Palomino & József Sákovics, 2004. "Collective Versus Individual Sale of Television Rights in League Sports," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 2(5), pages 833-862, 09.
- Traub, Stefan & Missong, Martin, 2003.
"On the Public Provision of the Performing Arts,"
Economics Working Papers
2003,02 [rev.], Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Madden, Paul & Silvestre, Joaquim, 1991. " Imperfect Competition and Fixprice Equilibria When Goods Are Gross Substitutes," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(4), pages 479-94.
- D Forrest & R Simmons & B Buraimo, 2005.
"Freedom of entry, market size and competitive outcome: evidence from English soccer,"
567322, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Babatunde Buraimo & David Forrest & Robert Simmons, 2007. "Freedom of Entry, Market Size, and Competitive Outcome: Evidence from English Soccer," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 74(1), pages 204-213, July.
- Késenne S., 2002.
"Club objectives and ticket pricing in professional team sports,"
2002018, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Stefan Kesenne & Wilfried Pauwels, 2006. "Club Objectives and Ticket Pricing in Professional Team Sports," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 549-560, Summer.
- Fraser, Clive D., 2000. "When Is Efficiency Separable from Distribution in the Provision of Club Goods?," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 204-221, February.
- Sloane, Peter J, 1971. "The Economics of Professional Football: The Football Club as a Utility Maximiser," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 18(2), pages 121-46, June.
- Rodney Fort, 2004. "Inelastic sports pricing," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 87-94.
- Stefan Szymanski, 2003. "The Economic Design of Sporting Contests," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1137-1187, December.
- Skaperdas, Stergios, 1996.
"Contest Success Functions,"
Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 283-90, February.
- Polterovich, Victor, 1993. "Rationing, Queues, and Black Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 1-28, January.
- Egon Franck, 2010.
"Private Firm, Public Corporation or Member’s Association Governance Structures in European Football,"
International Journal of Sport Finance,
Fitness Information Technology, vol. 5(2), pages 108-127, May.
- Egon Franck, . "Private Firm, Public Corporation or Member`s Association – Governance Structures in European Football," Working Papers 0106, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Paul Madden, 2008. "Price, quality and welfare consequences of alternative club objectives in a professional sport league," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0802, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Pedro Garcia-del-Barrio & Stefan Szymanski, 2009. "Goal! Profit Maximization Versus Win Maximization in Soccer," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 45-68, February.
- Fraser, Clive D., 1996. "On the provision of excludable public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 111-130, April.
- Paul Madden, 2010. "The regulation of a large sports league," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1007, Economics, The University of Manchester.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marianne Sensier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.