Government Deficits, Liquidity Preference, and Schumpeterian Innovation
AbstractWray asserts that rigorous analyses of the role played by innovation in economic development must acknowledge the contribution of Joseph Schumpeter. However, the author suggests that the current stagnation confronting most developed, capitalist economies "cannot be understood without synthesizing Schumpeter's insights with those of Kalecki and Keynes." Hence, Schumpeter's work alone is inadequate in explaining the links between government deficits in ensuring aggregate demand and corporate profits.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Levy Economics Institute, The in its series Economics Working Paper Archive with number wp_99.
Date of creation: Oct 1993
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.levyinstitute.org
Other versions of this item:
- L. Randall Wray, 1999. "Government Deficits, Liquidity Preference, and Schumpeterian Innovation," Macroeconomics 9907005, EconWPA.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Heilbroner, 1993. "Was Schumpeter Right after All?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 87-96, Summer.
- Wray, L Randall, 1992. "Alternative Theories of the Rate of Interest," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 69-89, March.
- Jan Allen Kregel, 1993. "A Post Keynesian Explanation of the Causes of the Current World Slupm," Working Papers 182, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Plan B: Interview with Lester Brown about Collapse
by Tom Hickey in Mike Norman Economics on 2011-03-28 18:46:00
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie-Celeste Edwards).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.