The Impact of the 1990's French Reform on Farmers Retirement Decisions
AbstractIn this paper, we examine the effects of the french government's 1990 reform of the farming sector on indiviuals' retirement behavior. This reform has induced different changes in the Social Security Wealth of farmers living in different rural areas, and thus provided a ``natural experiment'' framework. Therefore, we can use this reform to evaluate the impact of Social Security on retirement decisions using French individual data. For that purpose, we have applied the statistical framework developed in the recent literature on evaluating social programs. Our results show that the retirement decisions of farmers appear not to be influenced by the changes induced by the 1990 reform.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Laboratoire d'Economie Appliquee, INRA in its series Research Unit Working Papers with number 0205.
Date of creation: Aug 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: INRA-LEA, 48, Boulevard Jourdan, 75014 Paris, France
Phone: 331 43136364
Fax: 331 43136362
Web page: http://www.inra.fr/Internet/Departements/ESR/UR/lea/index.html
Retirement policiy; Program evaluation; Farming sector Length: 23 pages;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2002-12-17 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2002-11-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2002-11-28 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Madeleine Roux) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Madeleine Roux to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.