The Japanese Economic System under the Global Crisis: Change and Continuity
AbstractThe current Japanese economy has continued to grow, albeit at a low rate, through the drastic changes in the Japanese economic system. The global crisis has seriously affected the Japanese economy, despite it causing only slight damage to the banking sector. The current global economic crisis will have far-reaching consequences on the economic system and structure. In this study, the economic characteristics following the bubble economy and the sustainability of the Japanese economic system are examined.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research in its series KIER Working Papers with number 680.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Yoshida-Honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501
Web page: http://www.kier.kyoto-u.ac.jp/eng/index.html
More information through EDIRC
economic crisis; liberalisation; market; economic system; corporate governance; labour market;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
- P52 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Studies of Particular Economies
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- O53 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Akihisa Shibata).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.