A Two-Country Dynamic General Equilibrium Model of Endogenous Growth and International Trade
AbstractWe formulate a two(-country) by two(-tradable good) by two(-factor) dynamic general equilibrium model of endogenous growth and international rade that has no market distortion. After deriving the conditions for a balanced growth path with incomplete specialization in both countries to exist and to be locally saddlepoint stable, we show that along the balanced growth paths (i) a dynamic version of the Heckscher-Ohlin Theorem is established, (ii) the relationship between the volume of international trade and the long-run growth rate depends on the factor-intensity ranking between the two sector, and (iii) so does whether the Law of Comparative Advantage holds or not. The Stolper-Samuelson Theorem and the Factor Price Equalization Theorem are shown to hold in a dynamic framework.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University in its series Discussion Paper Series with number 123.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 2-1 Rokkodai, Nada, Kobe 657-8501 JAPAN
Phone: +81-(0)78 803 7036
Fax: +81-(0)78 803 7059
Web page: http://www.rieb.kobe-u.ac.jp/index-e.html
More information through EDIRC
International trade; Market; Growth rate;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Office of Promoting Research Collaboration, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.