A Conversation with Henri (Hans) Theil: His Experiences in the Netherlands during the Second World War
AbstractIt has long been rumored among European economists that Theil had a difficult time in The Netherlands during the Second World War, but few, if any, economists knew what actually happened to him. Following Theil's retirement from the U. of Florida, I visited with him in St. Augustine, where Hans and his wife were living. I asked him about his experiences during the Second World War, and he told me what I report in this personal anecdote.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Kansas, Department of Economics in its series WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS with number 201233.
Length: 2 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2012
Date of revision: Sep 2012
Other versions of this item:
- William A. Barnett, 2001. "A Conversation with Henri (Hans) Theil: His Experiences in the Netherlands during the Second World War," Econometrics 0111001, EconWPA.
- B3 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2012-09-09 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2012-09-09 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pedro Garcia Duarte, 2005. "A FEASIBLE AND OBJECTIVE CONCEPT OF OPTIMALITY: THE QUADRATIC LOSS FUNCTION AND U. S. MONETARY POLICY IN THE 1960's," Anais do XXXIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 33th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 016, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jianbo Zhang).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.