The Internal Politics of Journal Editing
AbstractI have been invited to write an essay on my experiences as founder and editor of the Cambridge University Press journal, Macroeconomic Dynamics. I have decided to focus the essay on my experiences in starting up the journal. Few economists, who have not themselves started up a new journal, are aware of the nature of the process and its sometimes very complicated academic politics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Kansas, Department of Economics in its series WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS with number 200907.
Length: 6 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2009
Date of revision: May 2012
Other versions of this item:
- E0 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General
- A20 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - General
- B00 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - General - - - History of Economic Thought, Methodology, and Heterodox Approaches
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Wikipedia talk:Notability (academic journals)/Archive 1 in Wikipedia English ne '')
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jianbo Zhang).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.