Consumer Demand and Labor Supply (scanned out-of-print 1981 Elsevier book)
AbstractThe following highly-cited research monograph, although widely available in libraries, is now out of print: William A. Barnett, Consumer Demand and Labor Supply, North Holland, Amsterdam, 1981. In case you do not have access to the printed book, I have scanned it and put it online below. Since scanners are not perfect at scanning mathematics, you should prefer the printed book, if you can borrow it from a library. Otherwise, you are free to read any of its chapters online. The chapters in this Table of Contents are hyperlinked to the online chapters.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Kansas, Department of Economics in its series WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS with number 200521.
Length: 1 page
Date of creation: Nov 2005
Date of revision:
consumer demand; labor supply; systemwide models; systems of equations; aggregation theory; index number theory; Divisia; household production; simultaneous estimation;
Other versions of this item:
- William A. Barnett, 2005. "Consumer Demand and Labor Supply (scanned out-of-print 1981 Elsevier book)," Econometrics 0511009, EconWPA.
- J - Labor and Demographic Economics
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- C30 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - General
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- E10 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jianbo Zhang).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.