Model Economic Analyses: An Economic Impact Assessment of an Ethanol Production Facility in Iowa
AbstractThere are several ethanol plants in Iowa and several that are either planned or already under construction. This report assesses the regional economic effects that should accrue to a hypothetical Iowa county from the construction and operation of an ethanol processing plant.This economic assessment takes pains to make sure that the analysis does not double count economic activity in the agriculture commodity producing sector.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 12226.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2005-02-07 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2005-02-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2005-02-07 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2005-02-11 (Economic Geography)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Parcell, Joseph L. & Westhoff, Patrick C., 2006. "Economic Effects of Biofuel Production on States and Rural Communities," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(02), August.
- Schlosser, Janet A. & Leatherman, John C. & Peterson, Jeffrey M., 2008. "Are Biofuels Revitalizing Rural Economies? Projected Versus Actual Labor Market Impacts in the Great Plains," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6123, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.