Joint Adoption of Microcomputer Technologies: An Analysis of Farmers' Decisions
AbstractThis study presents an econometric examination of the joint decisions of farmers on the adoption of a microcomputer and (or) purchased computers services. The characteristics of a farmer--schooling, age, off-farm work--are shown to be important variables for explaining the odds of adopting purchased computers services only, a microcomputer only, and both computer technologies. Adoption of computer technologies seems to occur in farming operations where they can be expected to greatly enhance the efficiency.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 10989.
Date of creation: 01 Aug 1991
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Review of Economics and Statistics, August 1991, vol. 73, pp. 541-546
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Huffman, Wallace E & Mercier, Stephanie, 1991. "Joint Adoption of Microcomputer Technologies: An Analysis of Farmers' Decisions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 541-46, August.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kuku, Yemisi & Orazem, Peter F. & Singh, Rajesh, 2004.
"Computer Adoption and Returns in Transition,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1360, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Margarita Genius & Phoebe Koundouri & Celine Nauges & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2012.
"Information Transmission in Irrigation Technology Adoption and Diffusion: Social Learning, Extension Services and Spatial Effects,"
1211, University of Crete, Department of Economics, revised 30 Apr 2013.
- Margarita Genius & Phoebe Koundouri & Celine Nauges & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, . "Information Transmission in Irrigation Technology Adoption and Diffusion: Social Learning, Extension Services, and Spatial Effects," DEOS Working Papers 1329, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Mishra, Ashok K. & Park, Timothy A., 2005. "An Empirical Analysis of Internet Use by U.S. Farmers," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 34(2), October.
- Souza Monteiro, Diogo M. & Caswell, Julie A., 2006.
"Traceability Adoption at the Farm Level: An Empirical Analysis of the Portuguese Pear Industry,"
2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA
21132, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Souza Monteiro, Diogo M. & Caswell, Julie A., 2009. "Traceability adoption at the farm level: An empirical analysis of the Portuguese pear industry," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 94-101, February.
- Gloy, Brent A. & Akridge, Jay T., 2000. "Computer And Internet Adoption On Large U.S. Farms," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 3(03).
- Margarita Genius & Phoebe Koundouri & Celine Nauges & Vangelis TZOUVELEKAS, .
"Information Spillovers in Irrigation Technology Diffusion: Social Learning, Extension Visits and Spatial Effects,"
DEOS Working Papers
1319, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Vangelis TZOUVELEKAS & Celine Nauges & Phoebe Koundouri & Margarita Genius, . "Information Spillovers in Irrigation Technology Diffusion: Social Learning, Extension Visits and Spatial Effects," DEOS Working Papers 1133, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Margarita Genius & Christos Pantzios & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, . "Information Acquisition and Adoption of Organic Farming Practices: Evidence from Farm Operations in Crete, Greece," Working Papers 0305, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Fumiko Hayashi & Elizabeth Klee, 2002.
"Technology adoption and consumer payments : evidence from survey data,"
Payments System Research Working Paper
PSR WP 02-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Hayashi Fumiko & Klee Elizabeth, 2003. "Technology Adoption and Consumer Payments: Evidence from Survey Data," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-16, June.
- Smith, Elwin G. & Carew, Richard & Warner, Kace, 2013. "Decision Making among Canola Growers in the Prairie Provinces: The Impact of Farm and Grower Characteristics," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149834, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Sabuhoro, Jean Bosco & Wunsch, Patti, 2003. "Computer Technology Adoption By Canadian Farm Businesses: An Analysis Based on the 2001 Census of Agriculture," Agriculture and Rural Working Paper Series 28039, Statistics Canada.
- Joost M.E. Pennings & Olga Isengildina-Massa & Scott H. Irwin & Philip Garcia & Darrel L. Good, 2008. "Producers' complex risk management choices," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 31-54.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.