Relative Prices and Money: Further Results for the United States
AbstractEmpirical results support the hypothesis that agricultural prices respond faster than manufactured product prices to a change tn money supply m the United States Sims' vector autoregression (VAR) technique was applied m examining this hypothesis. The monte-carlo integration method was used to test the significance of the impulse responses generated by the VAR technique.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 10856.
Date of creation: 01 Nov 1987
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in American Journal of Agricultural Economics, November 1987, vol. 69 no. 4, pp. 838-842
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chao, Chi-Chur & Hu, Shih-Wen & Tai, Meng-Yi & Wang, Vey, 2011. "Monetary policy announcements and stock price dynamics in a small open economy," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 520-531, October.
- Saghaian, Sayed H. & Reed, Michael R., 2. "The Impact Of The Recent Federal Reserve Large-Scale Asset Purchases On The Agricultural Commodity Prices: A Historical Decomposition," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Niğde University, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 2(2).
- Alan G. Isaac & David E. Rapach, 1996. "Monetary Shocks and Real Farm Prices: A Re-Examination," Others 9602001, EconWPA.
- Ardeni, Pier-Giorgio & Rausser, Gordon C., 1992.
"Interactions among money, exchange rates, and commodity prices,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt8bg30713, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Ardeni, Pier Giorgio & Rausser, Gordon C., 1992. "Interactions among money, exchange rates, and commodity prices," CUDARE Working Paper Series 621, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Nicholas Apergis & Anthony Rezitis, 2003. "Mean spillover effects in agricultural prices: The case of Greece," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 425-437.
- Tiwari, Aviral, 2010. "Impact of supply of money on food prices in India: A causality analysis," MPRA Paper 24679, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Goodness C. AYE & Rangan GUPTA, 2012.
"The Effects Of Monetary Policy On Real Farm Prices In South Africa,"
Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies,
Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 12(1), pages 147-158.
- Goodness C. Aye & Rangan Gupta, 2011. "The Effects of Monetary Policy On Real Farm Prices in South Africa," Working Papers 201119, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.