Space-filling location selection
AbstractThis note describes a Stata implementation of a space-filling location selection algorithm. It optimally selects a subset from an array of locations so that the spatial coverage of the array by the selected subset is optimized according to a geometric criterion. Such an algorithm is useful in site selection problems, but also in various non-parametric estimation procedures, e.g. to select (multivariate) knot locations in spline regression analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CEPS/INSTEAD in its series CEPS/INSTEAD Working Paper Series with number 2013-17.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 3, avenue de la Fonte, L-4364 Esch-sur-Alzette, G.-D. Luxembourg
Phone: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 1
Fax: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 700
Web page: http://www.ceps.lu
More information through EDIRC
spatial sampling; space-filling design; site selection; multivariate knot selection; point-swapping;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2013-10-05 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2013-10-05 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2013-10-05 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- BIA Michela & FLORES Carlos A. & FLORES-LAGUNES Alfonso & MATTEI Alessandra, 2013. "A Stata package for the application of semiparametric estimators of dose-response functions," CEPS/INSTEAD Working Paper Series, CEPS/INSTEAD 2013-07, CEPS/INSTEAD.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Begona Levices).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.