Changing modes of asset Management: IPR and Copyright in the Digital Age
AbstractThe first chapter of the report briefly sums up the main elements of the academic debate around IPR. The second moves to the economic case and analyses its different aspects: weight of copyrighted industries, level of revenues generated for creators, role in business models (old and new) but also its limitations, focusing on the case of patents. The third chapter looks closely the legal strategies of the copyrighted industries. The fourth chapter presents the policies which attempt to deal with the various facets of this complex issue. The fifth section offers conclusion on the changes needed and the balance that must be found between major policy goals.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for Prospective and Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre in its series JRC-IPTS Working Papers with number JRC76521.
Length: 58 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2012
Date of revision:
Media; IPR; Copyright; Regulation; Digital;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- O34 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Castillo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.