Internet, Price Strategy and Yield Management
AbstractThe object of this article is to study the consumer perception of innovative Yield Management (YM) strategies in the hotel sector. Hotels use these practices in order to increase their incomes. These strategies rely heavily on ICT and are more comparable with the development of the Internet. However, economic literature suggests that if YM practices are considered to be unfair, they are likely to influence customers’ purchasing intentions negatively, that we verify empirically. Our study shows that the assumption that the YM induces dissatisfaction in all circumstances is rejected. But when a practice of YM is perceived as unfair, it causes a loss of customers. Moreover, the manner of presenting the YM practices to consumers (positive or negative frame) has a considerable influence on their perception. From this point of view, there are several managerial levers in the communication of tariff practices and the management of loyalty programs to avoid or reduce the conflicts with customers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Research, Ipag Business School in its series Working Papers with number 2014-192.
Length: 13 pages
Date of creation: 25 Feb 2014
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacques Arlotto & Jean-Michel Sahut & Frédéric Teulon, 2014. "What is the Performance of Incubators? The Point of View of Coached Entrepreneurs," Working Papers 2014-532, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Frederic Teulon, 2014. "Tenir le haut de l’affiche : les fusions, nouveau défi pour les Business Schools françaises," Working Papers 2014-520, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Anis Omri & Maha Ayadi-Frikha & Anissa Chaibi, 2014. "An Empirical Investigation of Factors Affecting Small Business Success," Working Papers 2014-506, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Anis Omri & Mohamed Frikha, 2014. "Why Small Businesses Fail in Tunisia?," Working Papers 2014-501, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Nabila JAWADI & Mohamed DAASSI & Laetitia BONIS, 2014. "Using Corporate Social Networks: exploring the role of satisfaction," Working Papers 2014-573, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Guillaume Marceau, 2014. "Risk management and Organizational Communication: Two Cases in the Pharmaceutical Industry," Working Papers 2014-536, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Guillaume Marceau, 2014. "Implementing a Value Creation Model in a Startup," Working Papers 2014-537, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Schumacher).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.