Regulación: Objetivos, Problemas y Opciones que se Abren en el Mercado de la Telefonía Fija Local
AbstractThe main objective of this article is to analyze the economic fundamentals of an asymmetric regulation, as the one in place in local telephony in Chile, and to discuss the main effects on market competition of different regulatory changes that has been discussed in the Chilean case. The Chilean telecommunication regulation is asymmetric because there are some specific rules applicable only to the dominant company and because it gives certain advantages to a specific sub set of companies. Some characteristics of the asymmetric regulation currently in place in Chile have motivated an interesting discussion, that is useful to review since different countries are experienced an ongoing discussion about this topic.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. in its series Documentos de Trabajo with number 232.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Fernando Coloma C. & Jorge Tarziján M, 2004. "Regulacion: Objetivos, Problemas Y Opciones Que Se Abren En El Mercado De La Telefonia Fija Local," Abante, Escuela de Administracion. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 7(2), pages 147-177.
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.