Abstract"Open regionalism" represents an effort to resolve one of the central problems of contemporary trade policy: how to achieve compatibility between the explosion of regional trading arrangements around the world and the global trading system as embodied in the World Trade Organization. The concept seeks to assure that regional agreements will in practice be building blocks for further global liberalization rather than stumbling blocks that deter such progress.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Peterson Institute for International Economics in its series Working Paper Series with number WP97-3.
Date of creation: Jan 1997
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raimondos-Møller, Pascalis & Woodland, Alan D, 2002.
"Non-Preferential Trading Clubs,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3572, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Raimondos-Møller, Pascalis & Woodland , Alan D., 2006. "Non-Preferential Trading Clubs," Working Papers 06-2004, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Pascalis Raimondos-Møller & Alan D. Woodland, 2004. "Non-Preferential Trading Clubs," CESifo Working Paper Series 1145, CESifo Group Munich.
- John Whalley & J. Clark Leith, 2003. "Competitive Liberalization and a US-SACU FTA," NBER Working Papers 10168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernhard Herz & Marco Wagner, 2010.
"Multilateralism versus Regionalism!?,"
089, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Vollrath, Thomas L., 2003. "North American Agricultural Market Integration And Its Impact On The Food And Fiber System," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33639, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Bernard Courbis & Jean-Paul Allegret, 1999. "Les pays du Sud face au défi d'un espace financier euro-méditerranéen," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 52(2), pages 185-206.
- Sven Arndt, 2000. "Production Networks in an Economically Integrated Region," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2000-49, Claremont Colleges.
- George Manzano & Myrene Bedano, 2011. "Revisiting Sectoral Liberalization: An Alternative to the Free Trade Area of the Asia-Pacific? Implications for the Philippines," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 18(1), pages 73-124, June.
- Burfisher, Mary E. & Robinson, Sherman & Thierfelder, Karen, 2004. "Regionalism," MTID discussion papers 65, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Muller, A.R. & van Tulder, R.J.M., 2005. "The Search for Synergy between Institutions and Multinationals: Institutional Uncertainty and Patterns of Internationalization," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2005-086-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Allegret, Jean-Pierre & Essaadi, Essahbi, 2011.
"Business cycles synchronization in East Asian economy: Evidences from time-varying coherence study,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 351-365.
- Allegret, Jean-Pierre & Essaadi, Essahbi, 2011. "Business cycles synchronization in East Asian economy: Evidences from time-varying coherence study," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 351-365, January.
- Woosik Moon, 2011. "Whither East Asian economic integration? Korea’s regionalization cum globalization strategy," Asia Europe Journal, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 29-42, November.
- Maur, Jean-Christophe, 2008. "Regionalism and trade facilitation : a primer," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4464, The World Bank.
- Seidmann, Daniel J., 2009. "Preferential trading arrangements as strategic positioning," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 143-159, September.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2011.
"Asian Regional Policy Coordination,"
Working Paper Series
WP11-21, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Arvind Panagariya, 1999.
"The Regionalism Debate: An Overview,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(4), pages 477-512, 06.
- Christer Ljungwall & Ãƒâ€“rjan SjÃƒÂ¶berg, 2005. "The Economic Impact of Globalization in Asia-Pacific - The Case of The Flying Geese," Development Economics Working Papers 22711, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Balasan, Andrei-Cristian, 2012. "Literature review concerning the relationship between globalization and regionalization in the world economy," MPRA Paper 39746, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- L. Alan Winters, 2000. "Regionalism and Multilateralism in the Twenty-First Century," IDB Publications 8749, Inter-American Development Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peterson Institute webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.