Food Markets in Russia. Dynamics of Their Integration
AbstractIn the context of integrated market, a price of any product in regions depends on its demand in a national market rather than in a regional one. Applying the econometric model based on this theoretical statement, the paper assesses to degree the markets of some food products are integrated. The fact that since nearly 1994 the growth of segmentation in such markets changes to the tendency of their integration has been observed. We conclude that there is an integrated food market in Russia; and its integration has been just the same as that one in the countries of developed market economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for Advanced Studies in its series Economics Series with number 221.
Length: 13 pages
Date of creation: Nov 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna, Austria
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://www.ihs.ac.at/index.php3?id=310
More information through EDIRC
Postal: Institute for Advanced Studies - Library, Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna, Austria
Other versions of this item:
- K.P. Gluschenko & A.E. Khimich, 2007. "Food markets in Russia: dynamics of their integration," Region: Economics and Sociology, Institute of Economics and Industrial Engineering of Siberian Branch of RAS, vol. 4.
- K49 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Other
- P22 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Prices
- P37 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Legal
- R19 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Other
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2007-11-17 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2007-11-17 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-LAW-2007-11-17 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2007-11-17 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Doris Szoncsitz).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.