Routes of Money Endogeneity: A Heuristic Comparison
AbstractThe paper sets up an analytical framework which is based on simplified balance sheets of the banking, the non-banking private and the government sectors, in order to identify four primary routes through which money can be generated endogenously and to discuss their characteristics. These routes approximate, if not precisely correspond to, the Post Keynesian accommodationist and structuralist views, the New Keynesian credit view (¡°bank lending channel¡±), and a hybrid one.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Economic Research, Korea University in its series Discussion Paper Series with number 0729.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2007-11-10 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2007-11-10 (Post Keynesian Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giuseppe Fontana, 2004. "Rethinking Endogenous Money: A Constructive Interpretation Of The Debate Between Horizontalists And Structuralists," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 367-385, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kim, Jisoo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.