Foreign Direct Investment in Ukraine Since Independence
AbstractSince independence Ukraine has attracted very little foreign direct investment, both in absolute terms, and relative to other transition economies. This is the case when we analyse the ratio of FDI to GDP and exports, and the amount of FDI per capita. This paper examines the causes of the low level of FDI, and offers some policy prescriptions which may help to reverse this unfavourable trend.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University in its series CERT Discussion Papers with number 9716.
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1998-10-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-1998-10-19 (European Economics)
- NEP-IFN-1998-10-19 (International Finance)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P.G. Hare & M. Ishaq & S. Estrin, 1996. "The Legacies of Central Planning and the Transition to a Market Economy: Ukranian Contradictions," CERT Discussion Papers 9618, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Klaus E. Meyer, 1995. "Foreign direct investment in the early years of economic transition: a survey," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 3(3), pages 301-320, 09.
- Lutz, Stefan H. & Talavera, Oleksandr, 2003.
"Do Ukrainian firms benefit from FDI,"
ZEI Working Papers
B 04-2003, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies, University of Bonn.
- Peter Luzik, 1999. "International Experience in Tax Reform and Lessons for Ukraine," CERT Discussion Papers 9904, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Professor Mark Schaffer) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Professor Mark Schaffer to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.