Sparse Non Gaussian Component Analysis by Semidefinite Programming
AbstractSparse non-Gaussian component analysis (SNGCA) is an unsupervised method of extracting a linear structure from a high dimensional data based on estimating a low-dimensional non-Gaussian data component. In this paper we discuss a new approach to direct estimation of the projector on the target space based on semidefinite programming which improves the method sensitivity to a broad variety of deviations from normality. We also discuss the procedures which allows to recover the structure when its e ective dimension is unknown.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany in its series SFB 649 Discussion Papers with number SFB649DP2011-080.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: Nov 2011
Date of revision:
dimension reduction; non-Gaussian components analysis; feature extraction;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patrick Cheridito & Ulrich Horst & Michael Kupper & Traian A. Pirvu, 2011. "Equilibrium Pricing in Incomplete Markets under Translation Invariant Preferences," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2011-083, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Ulrich Horst & Michael Kupper & Andrea Macrina & Christoph Mainberger, 2011. "Continuous Equilibrium under Base Preferences and Attainable Initial Endowments," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2011-082, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Raffaele Fiocco, 2011. "Competition and regulation in a differentiated good market," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2011-084, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Alena Myšičková & Song Song & Piotr Majer & Peter N.C. Mohr & Hauke R. Heekeren & Wolfgang K. Härdle, 2011. "Risk Patterns and Correlated Brain Activities. Multidimensional statistical analysis of fMRI data with application to risk patterns," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2011-085, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.